I'm writing! I haven't written anything in so long and the Office finale inspired me so much. What I'm writing is kind of dark but I'm having so much fun writing it! It's about Jim and Pam and their struggles and how their love conquers all.
Oh wait. No it's not.
Heh. I write these LJ posts as if someone is actually reading them.
Still thinking about the last episode of The Office. Is there anyway to spin Kelly and Toby's scene into a fic? Not that I love the show anymore or any of these new characters (Nelly, Kathy...I don't think I've liked a new character since Erin), but Kelly "fighting" Toby has potential ficwise.
Also I have to say that Toby's line about his ex-wife made me cringe. Really? His ex used to hurt him? Unnecessary and completely unfunny and not entertaining at all. Bad taste I think.
I'm not completely done with the show. I'll probably watch until the bitter end. And I'll still like Kelly/Toby and writing them. Even if I like other shows better. I've gotten really into Community lately. And I'm going to the Community Paley Fest tonight! Yeah I know no one reads my posts really, but I am so excited that I still have to share.
Every episode of The Office I see where the whole cast except Toby do something (such as participate in a trivia contest, something I think Toby would probably do really well at) it makes me wonder if he was invited and just declined or if he just doesn't get invited). And yes I know he's a fictional character and the simple explanation is that Paul is probably too busy to appear on screen but still I wonder and it makes me want to write to explain things...at least in my own mind. Little ficlets or vignettes if you will.
Also I wrote a fic for my friend, occasional cowriter and all-around encourager's birthday. It was Koby and they watched a movie together. I'm still debating posting it and there may be things that need to be corrected or at least explained before I post but I might...
Hmm...this upcoming episode is called Pool Party. Another episode of everyone (I'm assuming) getting together outside of work. I wonder if Toby will be included.
Yeah I don't love the show as much as usual and was sort of half watching but...
Kelly and Toby had matching Halloween costumes? And they planned a dance together?
Um...should I be writing fic right now?
(I am choosing to ignore Gabe was there too because I still hate him. I'm also choosing to ignore at the moment that Paul still looks like crap and putting him in a skeleton outfit was a bit weird to me given his current appearance).
I actually had a fic idea for The Office last night. And here I thought I was done with writing it and everything what with the decline in quality and the fact that Toby looks like he's about to keel over. But an idea it is -- a little fic (ficlet?) that's a much different style than what I usually do.
I am working on a fic, have been for a few weeks now. Here are some reasons why I've been referring to it as The Unpostable Fic
1) It's for a show that hasn't been on for about ten years. I hadn't prepared to write anything for it ever again but I recently started reading The Onion's AV Club reviews and it made me think of the show and of the fic I used to read, which made me hunt down some fic, which made me remember the bad fic I was writing (it was ten+ years ago and I was new to fic-writing) and made me remember ideas I had but never wrote and without much effort I just got this idea and with Holly's encouragement started writing.
2) Okay prepare yourself, but it's for an unconventional ship. Crazy and unlike me, I know. Now granted, I'm not the only person who shipped them. This wasn't like Kelly and Toby (or Andrew/Gypsy or Luke/Sookie from Gilmore Girls -- I see a pattern here) which I basically came up with to amuse myself. There is a lot of fic for this couple, but they weren't the "main couple."
3) I'm not exactly following canon. Mostly because I didn't really remember it and when I went to wikipedia, I was dismayed with how the show actually ended. So what I'm working on isn't quite AU, but it isn't quite canon either. I'm kind of picking and choosing what I use and ignore for this fic. It's very freeing that way.
4) It's very long. I'm at almost 20,000 words and not at the end.
5) I don't know how to end it. I may end up writing another 20,000 words. I hope not but it's always possible. I'm the editor who can't edit myself.
6) Even if I wanted to post this monster, I have no idea where I would.
But you know what? I'm having fun writing it. I'm under a crapload of stress right now. Roommate searching once again and work stuff again and having these ideas and hearing this dialogue in my head has been a fun stress reducer.
Plus I don't know how much longer I can keep writing Kelly and Toby. Is she still married to Ryan? And I'm a little disturbed by how bad Toby's starting to look. These last few seasons (not that he's appeared much) he hasn't been looking good. He was cute in the first few seasons, but I don't know. I've always found Paul better looking than Toby (does that make any sense?), but I don't know how much I'm feeling it these days.